Tuesday, June 8, 2010

work

well... i'm sitting here, and sitting here, and sitting here, and sitting here (shall I continue). I'm trying to figure out what I should be doing... I have spent the first week at site studying Shijak, I have:
- written a wikipedia article
- found out about our waste and water system (we dump our toilet water into the lake without filtering it it seems, water comes 1 hour a day and then is stored, we collect trash daily and put it into a hole and cover it with soil, or just dump it by the river)
- started a Lynch map, and pretty much finished other than districts
- started a photo grid but gave up on that project after feeling weird about taking pictures of people's property
- gone for coffees
- read about youth participation
- read about youth art projects
- read about grant getting
- researched grants
- found out about the communities' priorities
and so on and so forth...
And when I ask about projects, the answer is we are waiting for funds. So now what? Well now I am researching books for a book club that may or may not ever happen... although I'm pretty sure I'm done with that. I guess I will keep reading about grants, and river projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment