Wednesday, August 4, 2010

All Too Normal

A few things that seemed very strange to me when I first got here but are becoming all too normal:

1) Sweeping the rugs. I thought this was absolutely crazy when I first got here, but now I do it everyday. Hey, if you don't have a vacuum cleaner what are you supposed to use?

2) Obsessive house cleaning. Again, I wondered how women could possibly care so much and have such an assigned space for each object. Well, if your house is what you have, and really the only thing you have control over you will certainly obsessively clean it.

3) Shower curtain/wall--less showers. What? No curtains, it's so open I used to think. Now I think how nice that I can walk around my entire bathroom while showering.

4) The semi crazyness at work. Now I just sit there in calm and get what I have to do done, and laugh at the rest.

2 comments:

  1. i love #3: you can even wash stuff while you wash yourself, thus combining numbers 3 and 2. Victory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, I love that you always have something quite fascinating to share! I too have been having some OCD moments lately. Last month I bought several plastic containers to sort and organize all my stuff. Most of which I will be selling soon. My goal is not to own more then can fit into the truck of a small car. I am feeling a completely new direction in my life may be coming? Not sure what it is yet but I know that bulky electronic equipment from the 80s is not part of it; considering we live in an era where cells phones can do almost everything and I plan on taking advantage of that...

    ReplyDelete