Sunday, April 18, 2010

Placement

Well, I have received my placement! I will be living in Shijak, it is simultaniously in the suburbs of Tirana and Durres, so yes although they do not place in Tirana they do place pretty damn close. I will be about 10 min drive from Durres and 20 from Tirana. Shijak has about 12,200 people and I will be the first volunteer to ever serve in this site (they opened up about 7 new sites this year). I will also not have a sitemate. I will be working in the Bashkia (municipality) and am supposedly going to be helping with their urban plan and their information office (but this could really prove to be something else once I get there). I don't know much about this placement but we'll see. Ummm it has had a recent urban boom but w/out a plan, it is the only municipality headed by a Female mayor in all of Albania, so that's exciting. I'm prety nervous and scared being as I will be alone (I know, that's what I signed up for but most people do end up with them over here). Otherwise life is good, some type of drama in my house but I don't know exactly what. Anyway hope all is well I have to go home and cook Gnnochi for my family (hopefully it works). Love you all and talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I know I said this before but...Libby that is awesome! Glad that you got an interesting/new location! As always can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooo placement! Also that's cool that there's a female mayor - if you're working on urban planning maybe you'll end up meeting her; that could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete