Monday, April 12, 2010

Alive

hello all, do not worry i am alive and kicking, i have just not had time to get to an internet place and now i have! not much to report here, still learning the language, still trying not to make cultural mistakes and get my family and the other volunteers to like me. already forgetting how to spell in english... or maybe i never knew... Yesterday we went for a hike/walk in the mountains (we being the 3 girls in Bishqem and the 2 host sisters of those girls).... ADVENTURES!!! We fell/sank/slipped in plenty of mud, got midly attacked by thorns, and my friend got stung by stinging nettle (to which when she told the health person over the phone about it she was told to take anti-biotics, maybe a misunderstanding?). I find out where I will be place on Friday, there is a lot of excitement, nerves, and buzz about that among the volunteers (all of us finding out). Sorry that these are generally so poorly written, i am usually doing about 4 things at once, and i don't like to type entries on my home comp and use a flash drive due to all the viruses on the comps. Anywhose... been playing lots of uno w/ my host brother, chasing chickens outside of the house, going on walks, and trying to speak the language... you know the normal everyday things.

1 comment:

  1. "already forgetting how to spell in english... or maybe i never knew..."

    That made me laugh. Keep posting! I am following all updates rigorously (if a few days late).

    ReplyDelete